Roasted Vegetables With Grilled Halloumi
This recipe for this weekend is perfect as a vegetarian starter or a light lunch. The pesto adds a punch to the roasted veggies and is simple and quick to prepare with just 3 ingredients. I always love grilled halloumi – its a staple side when I order at Nandos, so you could also serve this with some grilled chicken for a meaty alternative.
I used a pack of ready to roast veg bought from the supermarket, but you could always chop up your own – a mix of red onion, peppers, tomatoes, and courgette works well.
Serves 2-3 People
400g approx. mediterranean vegetables
2tbsp green pesto – fresh or jar
250g Halloumi – sliced into approx 1cm slices
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
2. Place the prepared veggies onto a tray and coat with the pesto.
3. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
4. After about 15 minutes, preheat a griddle pan, or you can use a frying pan if you don’t have one.
5. Drizzle a tiny bit of oil on the halloumi then griddle on each side for around 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately. You want to eat the cheese when its hot, soft on the inside and crispy and golden on the outside.