Christmas Gingerbread Fridge Cake
Here’s a super quick recipe for you to try over the winter period. Perfect to use up chocolate from the selection boxes and biscuits left over from the biscuit tins. It’s ridiculously indulgent.
200g milk or dark chocolate (or a mixture), chopped
150g butter, cubed
100g shortbread fingers
100g ginger nut biscuits
100g dried cranberries
25 g pistachios
1tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp orange extract
For the topping
100g milk chocolate, melted
1 pack of mini gingerbread men (aprox. 25)
1. In a bowl, over a pan of simmering water, melt together the butter, chocolate, golden syrup & orange extract.
2. Crush your biscuits roughly with a rolling pin or food processor. I like the biscuit to be quite chunky. Roughly chop the cranberries & pistachios.
3. Mix the biscuits, cranberries and pistachios into the melted chocolate mixture.
4. Pour into a square tin lined with greaseproof paper, and press down so the mixture is even and pushed into the corners.
5. Leave to set in the fridge, then pour the melted milk chocolate over the top. Top with your mini gingerbread men.
6. Leave to set in the fridge again, then slice into squares.