I’ll leave you to feast your eyes on these delicious brownies, which were a Meringue Girls recipe from their book, ‘Everything Sweet’. They are made with coconut flour, which is a great gluten free alternative (but still taste extremely guilty). I swirled in some peanut butter and added in some frozen raspberries for some added peanut butter and jelly time. (I used to love that cartoon). They are extremely decadent and are in good competition to my go to Thornton’s brownie recipe.
200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
100g milk chocolate, broken into chunks
250g pack salted butter
400g soft light brown sugar
4 large eggs
140g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Line a 20 x 30cm baking tray tin with baking parchment.
3. Put the chocolate, butter and sugar in a pan and gently melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat.
4. Stir the eggs, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture. Sieve over the flour and cocoa, and stir in.
5. Stir in half the raspberries, scrape into the tray, then scatter over the remaining raspberries.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 30 mins or, if you prefer a firmer texture, for 5 mins more. Cool before slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Don’t forget to follow my Instagram to keep up to date with my foodie adventures.