Dark Chocolate Tray Bake
I wanted to take a picture of something today, and thought about making a banana traybake with some black bananas that have been floating around the fridge for a bit too long. This is made with out sugar or butter/fat so a little bit better for us but still delicious. It has a texture between a traybake and blondie. I had a piece tonight with some warm custard. Really quick and easy to whip up, and great to pack into your lunchbox for an afternoon sweet-treat.
2 ripe bananas – mashed (the blacker the better)
60g sweetener – I used Sukrin Gold, as this is similar to brown sugar.
120g full fat Total Greek yoghurt
1 large egg
5 tablespoons milk
115g cashew butter – you could also use peanut butter
220g self raising flour
1tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
100g dark chocolate – chopped into chunks
25g chopped, toasted hazelnuts
To decorate – 3-4 cubes dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 180*c/160*c fan and line a tin with non-stick parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix together the banana, sweetener, yoghurt, egg, and milk until well combined.
3. Add the cashew butter and vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Fold in the flour, salt and cinnamon.
5. Mix in the dark chocolate chunks.
6. Pour the batter into your lined tin, smooth out and push all the way to the corners.
7. Sprinkle the top with the toasted, chopped hazelnuts
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until it’s springy to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cool, use a fork to drizzle the top with the melted dark chocolate.