Heat embossing is the perfect way to add texture to any form of paper craft project. Try these simple techniques to make your own embossed crafts!
You will need:
Clear ink pad
1. Stamp your brown card using the black ink pad. Pour embossing powder over the stamped image.
2. Pour the excess embossing powder back into the pot. Place the brown card onto your heat resistant surface. We have used a wooden board.
3. Hold the heat tool about six inches away from the image. Use the heat tool over the image. The image will become smooth and dimensional as the embossing powder melts. Do not leave the heat tool on the card for too long, as it may burn.
4. Once this has dried, cut out a small rectangle measuring 6 x 10cm around your embossed image.
5. Use a hole punch to make a hole at one end of the rectangle.
6. Cut the corners closest to the hole off the rectangle. Use a ruler and pencil to do this.
7. Thread a 10cm length of twine through the hole of the tag and knot at the end.
8. Write a message on the tag, before attaching to a gift. Make as many as you wish using different stamps and embossing powder!