Craft: Embroidery Letter
If you’re stuck for ideas on a gift to make for family and friends, why not try doing some embroidery. A simple letter can look great hung up on the wall!
You will need:
1. Firstly cut a square from the fabric, which is slightly bigger than the embroidery hoop. This will make it easier to sew the back once you have finished your design.
2. Using a pencil or fabric chalk, draw your letter design on the fabric. Use the hoop as a stencil to make sure your design is in the middle.
3. Separate the hoop and loosen the screw. Once you have done this, sandwich the fabric between the two hoops.
4. Gently stretch the fabric before tightening the screw.
5. Use three embroidery threads for the letter. If you’re stuck on how to do this, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6hve0QU-8.
6. Cut your thread to elbow length before threading your needle.
7. Follow your letter design using a split stitch on the outside and a running stitch for the inside of the letter. Use this guide on how to do the stitches: https://www.dmc.com/uk/p-embroidery-stitch-guide.html.
8. Once you have finished your embroidery, stitch the back together using the excess material. Tie the top of the hoop with ribbon or string before hanging.
Anna who is part of Nora & Luna offers a personalised service. If you’re looking for a unique embroidery gift, please contact her.